Friday, December 18, 2009

Recent Thoughts

I've been thinking about a lot of things lately. A few of them are:

*The ways God has changed me and helped me grow over the past 4 or 5 years. A woman from our church told me yesterday that I have a very calm presence and that made me feel like maybe I'm not so far away from being that beautiful, inviting woman that welcomes people to her that I'd really like to be someday. :)

*Many of the people I've come to know and love here will be leaving before I know it. New orders or the changing seasons of life are sending these people off to new adventures. I'm so thankful for the friends I've made. I hate thinking about saying goodbye to them-some for a short time, some a rather long time, others forever. How strange to think about all the people that come and go here because of the Navy. How strange to think about what my role is in their lives and what their role is in mine. I'm kind of excited to see what God has in store for me and what kind of friendships he's going to open up for me. :)

*I love living with Amy. Last night we sat in her room and chit-chatted and made fun of each other and laughed a lot. She brings so much joy to my life and I am thankful for her. :)

*Christmas is a wonderful time. It will be strange and bittersweet to be away from my family this year. It almost doesn't seem like Christmastime because things are so different...not bad, just different. Time to start learning new traditions...

*Sometimes I feel like I'm too easy to read and it frustrates me a little. That seems like a random statement but I promise it's not. I just don't want to tell you all the thoughts that lead up to it.

*God loves me a lot. Sometimes I take that for granted. He deserves to be praised and adored for all he does in my life and I should love him more than anything else. So...I'll be working on that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment