Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Always Enough

What an emotional roller coaster my life has been recently! Last week was filled with great moments of digging into the Word and having amazing conversation with the Lord accompanied by times of extreme hardship, discouragement, and even some anger. It was so wonderful to focus on the greatness, might, and awesomeness of our God. He really filled me up with reminders of just how powerful He is and how worthy He is of my honor and praise.

The frustrating and discouraging parts of my week mostly happened on Thursday and Friday as the reality of probably not ending the year with a job hit me and as I spent an entire day attempting to figure out insurance issues and how to get my car fixed from an accident that happened almost a month ago. I think the worst part of all of it was being on the phone with my dad, already upset about everything and instead of receiving encouragement and love getting a very forceful lecture on how I need to try harder and stop being a failure. I want so badly to be enough for him...to make it easy for him to love me just as I am. Sadly, I don't think that will ever happen and I know that because of that fact I must work hard to remind myself that the truth is I am enough. God created me in his image and for a specific purpose. That truth is what matters--no matter what anyone in this world says to me, even my earthly father.

Sorry, this entry just got all sad, though I suppose I needed to throw all that into the great unknown instead of just letting it sit in me.

I received the new Casting Crowns CD in the mail today. That made me very happy. :) Below is a link to a YouTube video of one of their songs called Always Enough. (you'll have to copy and paste it because it's being dumb for some reason...:/ ) It's definitely a reminder that I need these days. Hope you enjoy it. :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV4-BFQs6pE

No comments:

Post a Comment