Monday, December 7, 2009

Humbled and Amazed

"Day and night they never stop saying: 'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.' Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor, and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say: 'You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor, and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being." -Revelation 4:8-11

Four living creatures made for the sole purpose of crying out praises and thanksgiving to God...Twenty-four elders falling down at the feet of Jesus laying their crowns and all that they are in front of him and lavishing all glory and honor upon him...can you see it? Can you visualize the scene laid out for us in Revelation? Magnificent creatures, those in powerful positions falling down in humble reverence! Are you amazed? Does it take your breath away? Are you humbled that our Father has shared this scene with you? That one day you will be a witness to these things? It overwhelms me! It fills me up and makes me want to shout at the top of my lungs the praises He deserves! I want to sing about the greatness and splendor of my God!

Sometimes it's hard for me to read the word of God and feel excited or moved or even encouraged because I'm not reading it with an open heart. A heart that is yearning for more, a heart that is honestly seeking to grow closer to the Father. Recently though God has been so good to me as I've been digging into his word. I've been reading a lot about God's strength and might and I am consumed by how powerful he is and reminded over and over that he has control over every situation, fear, insecurity, joy, and source of laughter in my life. He surely deserves to be praised and honored! May I fall before his throne amazed and in the humble reverence that he alone is worthy of!

No comments:

Post a Comment