Monday, January 11, 2010

Be Still

I am filled with the overwhelming peace of the Holy Spirit tonight. Amy and I just spent a couple hours sitting on the couch talking about our lives and the various joys and struggles alike we are both dealing with. We also talked about our friends and our hopes, fears, and prayers for them. Then we took time to pray together for the various things we discussed. It was so good.

I am so thankful that God has given us a friendship that allows our hearts to connect and understand the core of the other person. We never have to hold back or guard ourselves from the other. I truly believe everyone should have at least one person that they can be that way with. I love times when I can sit with friends and talk honestly about what's going on-not just the "Hey, how are you?" conversations but the "What's really going on? How can I pray for you and truly encourage you right now?" conversations. Sometimes I feel like those conversations are few and far between anymore. I know God will provide opportunities for such discussions in time though. I have no doubt about that. In the meantime I feel like God is desiring me to be more still in his presence. To trust and rely on him more fully. To quiet my heart and my mind so that I am ready for his words to be spoken and so he may pour himself into me.

The song below is one of my favorites at the moment. You should go to YouTube and listen to it. :)

The More I Seek You-Kari Jobe

The more I seek you,
The more I find you
The more I find you, the more I love you

I wanna sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breath, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI_1YliutzA

No comments:

Post a Comment