Thursday, April 5, 2012

Oh Singleness...

In the past week and a half I have had at least 5 different individuals ask me multiple questions about my singleness and why I haven't been "snatched up" by some wonderful Christian man. The link below is an article one of my roommates shared with me awhile back and I just want to share it with others now.I highly encourage you to copy and paste it and read it.

My deepest desire is for the Lord, to know Him intimately and to serve Him with all my heart. I'd be lying if I said there weren't days, even weeks sometimes, where my desire to be a wife and mother don't battle with my desire for the Lord. Though I know people are trying to be nice, encouraging even, when they ask me about my singleness, it doesn't make it any easier to answer their questions over and over and it definitely doesn't make it easier to give over my earthly desires and wait upon Christ's perfect timing and plan for me. I hope those that read this article will be able to see from a different perspective and better understand the position it puts single women like myself in when the questioning begins.

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/kevindeyoung/2011/11/04/what-not-to-say-to-single-women-in-your-church/

No comments:

Post a Comment