Friday, June 10, 2011

The Journey

I was cleaning and organizing my room the other day and came upon an old journal. I thought I'd share some of the interesting things I found, revealing so much of what the Lord did in bringing me to Washington.

August 20, 2009
There is a part of me-a part that seems to be growing-that wishes I had gone with Amy...I know that moving across the country right after graduation would have been almost impossible for me...what if a year passed though? What if I saved my money like crazy and moved next fall? The idea excites me. Perhaps I could visit Amy for a week during the summer and do some job hunting while I'm there. It sounds like a crazy plan-everyone will be against it, especially my parents. I have to laugh at myself a little...the plan itself would be completely out of character for me--can you imagine if I actually went through with it?! Definitely something to pray about.

August 31, 2009
Fall has always been my favorite season. I love the cooler temperatures without the threat of snow, the leaves changing colors, bonfires, football, hayrides, and all the other wonderful things that seem to come with fall. Fall=change....I'm ready.

September 1, 2009
Sometimes, more often recently, I feel like I need to move away, make new friends, start over. I just can't seem to shake the "stuck" feeling I have. It's like I can't move from the place I'm in because there's nowhere for me to go. Everywhere I turn there's another option, another path but I don't quite fit into any of them...I'm again left to ponder the question of where I belong. I know God created me for so much more than this...what must I do? Where must I go? How long must I wait for His revealing of my life? I feel so ready! I'm antsy and impatient, itching for what's to come...

September 22, 2009
I often wonder what would have happened if I had moved with Amy. I believe it would have been difficult financially but I also believe I could have really loved it.

September 30, 2009
Crazy things are happening! A huge opportunity for a life change has been thrust upon me. Now I must push my selfish desires and whimsical fantasies about what "could be" aside and listen for the voice of my Savior. Amy called me on Sunday and asked me to reconsider moving to Washington. She hasn't brought the idea up since 6 months ago when we had originally talked about it. I know I made the right decision then to stay. God has taught me a lot, provided a solid job experience, and now, has closed a lot of doors that were once open to me. I no longer feel that the things keeping me here are still relevant. I feel free from so many things, including the fear of making such a huge decision. I can't mess up God's plan for my life. I believe that I have followed His will up to this point...now I want to make the right decision once again. I went back through this journal and six times I solidly wrote of the feeling that there was a change coming for me and my life. Several of those times I specifically spoke of Amy and WA. This could be coincidence or it could be God gently nudging my heart the past several months to prepare for the decision I now have to make. I know this might sadden or even frustrate some people…I can only hope and pray that if I decide to go people will be happy for me and encourage me through words and prayer.

October 5, 2009
It’s official! I’m moving to WA. God has continuously been opening doors, like my parent’s selling me mom’s car, everyone I’ve talked to being completely supportive of my going, and Amy being able to get off work to travel with me. I should get to Oak Harbor by November 7th! I can hardly believe all of this is happening! I think it’s a really good sign that I still smile whenever I think about it.

November 9, 2009
We arrived in Oak Harbor on Saturday. It is beautiful here! I’m pretty sure I’m going to love it… :)

November 12, 2009
I don’t think I’ll ever get over the absolute beauty of this place. I am so thankful God brought me here and I can’t wait to see what He has in store for me!

Since those entries God really has done so much! He has surrounded me with amazing friends while teaching me it is Him I must rely on and put my trust in. He's given me an amazing job that I LOVE, continued to bless my friendship with Amy, healed relationships with my family and brought us to a place of true love and peace with one another, allowed me to worship Him in ways I never have before, and He’s still working and moving, molding me into the woman He wants me to be. I am continually amazed at His faithfulness and love!! Isn't it exciting to see where we were and where the Lord has us now?? The most exciting thing is wondering...WHAT'S COMING NEXT!!! (??) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment