Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Have you ever seen the movie Anastasia?

You know, the animated one with the cute little bat named Bartok? Well throughout the whole movie the villain, Rasputin, is trying to destroy Anastasia. At one point he messes with her mind and enters her dream. I feel like that’s what’s been happening to me the past couple nights. Not that Rasputin has been appearing in my dreams, but that someone, something is messing with me. It’s frightening and frustrating. It leaves me exhausted and confused. It attempts to consume me all day. I can’t seem to shake the uneasiness it all makes me feel. This sort of thing has happened to me before… nightmares that leave me shaken...but these have been different. These have been violent, angry, destructive, hateful, scary.

Anyway...besides having disturbing dreams, things are actually going pretty well. Work is wonderful and busy, the Pier seems to be growing both in numbers and in maturity, I have begun meeting with a prayer partner which is a huge blessing and really exciting, and I’m still singing on the church worship team and loving it! God has definitely been good to me as this new year has begun and I know He will conquer the battle my mind seems to be in.

I will leave you with Psalm 62:5-8 which has been a comfort to me today.

“Find rest my soul in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.”

No comments:

Post a Comment