Friday, November 5, 2010

Amazing Grace

Last night was The Pregnancy Care Clinic's Dessert Banquet. This is a huge fundraiser for us and there was a lot of work and stress that went into. God is awesome as always though and the whole evening was perfect!

Our speaker got to town right on time, the desserts were delicious, the decorations perfect, the songs were smooth (with the exception of a minor error on the sound person's part that didn't really affect the song...thank goodness! lol), and a little over $8,500 was raised to help support the ministry!! It was such a blessing to spend an evening recapping all that God has been doing at the PCC and all we are expecting in the future! There were so many people there to support us and overall it was just a really fun night!

My favorite part was singing Amazing Grace-My Chains Are Gone with the whole group at the very end of the evening. There is something very special about a group of people lifting their voices in worship and adoration to our Savior that brings me such joy and overwhelms my heart!

I am again reminded of what an honor and pleasure it is to work in a Christian organization surrounded by so many sisters and brothers in Christ.

I have lived in Washington for exactly one year now. There have been so many fantastic moments throughout the year. Some moments that have been really difficult as well. One truth remains though, God is in control. He has stretched me and shown me His love for me in more ways then I could have ever imagined. I am so thankful and I can't wait to see what He has for me in the year ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that the night was a success! Thank you again for inviting us. Please put us to work for you!

    ReplyDelete